It’s not everyday you get to run through a barrage of bubbles, sparklers, confetti or flowers that your friends and family throw in celebration. It’s a fun way to end the night, not to mention the amazing pictures you could look fondly back upon and wistfully sigh at how gorgeous everything was.
There are so many ways you can gracefully leave. Here are a few of my favorites:
Credit: Your Street Photography
- PROS: Absolutely gorgeous in pictures, your guests have fun and it is entertaining
- CONS: Some venues do not allow sparklers, your timing has to be spot on (some might burn out before, or the sparklers won’t look as good in pictures in the day). Children + Fire = No Bueno. Don’t get sparklers that shoot out or it could burn your dress! It sounds crazy but this HAS happened before to brides.
Credit: Allison Davis Photography
Guests release balloons into the air as the bride and groom walk past
- PROS: Visually beautiful, you’ll have gorgeous pictures, and balloons are completely customizable according to the couple’s wishes
- CONS: Randomly cause litter after release and may be hazardous to animals
Credit: Aya Photography
- PROS: Budget friendly, completely customizable to the couple, light, looks great in pictures. It is also eco-friendly and biodegradable in some cases!
- CONS: Painful, tedious cleanup
- PROS: bubbles can be also used interchangeably as an exit prop and wedding favor (ah ha moment right there), pretty in pictures, easy and fun
- CONS: Timing- since the bubbles are so delicate, they pop easily so it is important you have enough people there to make it a statement or have very strong bubbles that don’t pop (that is a post for later!). It can also be sticky mess if you spill it.
Credit: Corey Ann Photography
- PROS: Absolutely breathtaking at night with all the lanterns rising. It is a different and unique way to do things
- CONS: Some venues do not allow this, it can get costly, randomly cause litter unless you find paper that is biodegradable and eco-friendly
These are a few of my favorite wedding exits. If you have seen something unique and different, feel free to share! What would you choose to do as your wedding exit?